Luggage Storage Paris Guide 2020
MODERN TRAVEL LOVERS EVERYWHERE know that having to drag your luggage around can cost you your trip. It can slow you down, exhaust you; it can cause you to miss the simple pleasures of travel or simply keep you from having that all-round worthwhile and enjoyable trip you set on in the first place.
In that case, storing your luggage makes all the difference.
Imagine having just arrived in Paris and you’ve got a whole day ahead of you before your next train, or hours before check-in at your Airbnb or hotel. If you find yourself in any of these situations, the most convenient (and logical) thing would be to store your bags for a couple of hours in Paris. This way, you can freely roam the streets of Paris and enjoy its famous museums, exceptional cuisine and its one-of-a-kind ambiance. Then you can just easily pick up your bags when you’re ready, at your own convenience, after they have been safely stored.
Imagine arriving at a Paris station and having to stay put because of your bags. With so much to do and so many great attractions to see in Paris such as The Louvre Museum, Place de la Bastille, Hotel de Ville, Montmartre & Sacré-Cœur and of course not to forget The Eiffel Tower, you don’t want your baggage depriving you of your freedom.
Left Luggage Paris Storage Options
So, what should you do when you are searching for city lockers in Paris?
You need to find a left locker storage location that’s close and convenient to YOU and the vicinity you will be in so you can safely store your bags and put your mind at ease while you enjoy the city of Paris. Storage lockers in Paris can be a bit difficult to find if you don’t have the right information.
Modern travelers nowadays use luggage storage platforms and search “luggage shop near me” or “luggage storage near me” to find an available city storage location in local shops, cafes, galleries and hotels that’s tailored to suit their travel needs.
Your wish to have a worthwhile trip inspired us to help you have just this. We are here to assist you until you are satisfied with your choice, booked and ready to store your luggage and enjoy the city.
We put together this luggage storage guide to help you find the safest, on-demand, inexpensive and friendly-staffed luggage storage providers in Paris. And what’s best, everything is on one page which saves you from having to endlessly search, compare and keep those numbers or information memorized in your head. Your mind should be put at ease and not further stressed or confused before or during your trip. Because, what’s the point of travel if it won’t be a relaxing and pleasant experience?
Luggage Storage in Paris
There is a huge number of luggage storage options in Paris. To begin with, many train stations offer luggage storage options. You can find luggage storage near Gare du Nord – one of the six large terminus stations of the SNCF mainline network for Paris. If you use LuggageHero near Gare du Nord, you can pay by the hour with only €1 per hour and a daily cap of €8. However, LuggageHero is not the only option and there are tons of other option in Paris. Apart from Gare du Nord, you can find luggage storage all over major stations and attractions in Paris such as Gare de Lyon, Chatelet Les Halles, Gade de L’est, Orly Airport, Gare de Paris-Montparnasse Station, The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre and many others.
Major Stations in Paris
Gare du Nord is actually the busiest station in Europe and one of the busiest stations in the world! Also seen under the name Paris-Nord, the station is one of the six large terminus stations of the SNCF mainline network for Paris, France. You can find luggage storage options in Gare du Nord inside and just outside of the station.
It opened in 1846 and the building itself was designed by the architect Jacques Hittorf in 1861. The Gare du Nord provides a large network of rail links to: the northern suburbs of Paris (RER), Lille (TGV), Brussels, Amsterdam and Cologne (Thalys), London (Eurostar), etc. At Gare du Nord, you can find:
- Cafés, newsagents and a gift shop
- A bureau de change
- Cash machines
- Toilets with baby-changing facilities
- Self-service ticket machines
And a lot more! Gare du Nord is served both by métro and RER lines as well as a number of bus routes.
The Gare Montparnasse handles trains using the TGV Atlantique high-speed line to numerous locations around France and the Spanish border at Hendaye & Irun for onward trains to San Sebastian or Lisbon. The station is very popular for the famous train crash in 1895 when a train crashed through the buffers and the station facade ending up nose-down on the street below.
Gare Montparnasse serves intercity TGV trains to the west and south-west of France including Tours, Bordeaux, Rennes and Nantes, and suburban and regional services on the Transilien Paris – Montparnasse routes. There is also a metro station located right by Gare Montparnasse making the city easily accessible from there. Gare Montparnasse is located on 17 Boulevard de Vaugirard, in the 15e arrondissement.
Gare de l’Est is located very near Gare du Nord. It only takes five minutes to get from one of the stations to the other. Luggage storage facilities can be found inside the station and there are also several locations just outside of the station if you choose to use a service like LuggageHero.
From this station, you can also take trains which are going to to Reims, Nancy, Metz, Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Munich. You can use Trainline Today to find all the places where you can go from Gare de l’Est and the timetables of all departures.
Gare de Lyon (officially Paris-Gare-de-Lyon) is the third busiest station of France. The station can be found in the 12th arrondissement, on the north bank of the river Seine, in the east part of Paris. You can store your luggage both inside Gare de Lyon and outside the station (just a few minutes walk).
From Gare de Lyon, you can take a train to go to the south of France, southern Germany, Monaco, Switzerland, Italy and Spain. The station handles around 90,000,000 passengers every year making it one of the busiest stations in both Paris and Europe. Gare de Lyon is a beautiful station in Paris which is often considered a classic example of the architecture of its time.
Our Preferred Luggage Storage Service is LuggageHero
LuggageHero is a Danish luggage storage company with 100+ locations in Paris.
LuggageHero utilises the free space in local shops, cafes, and hotels for you to store your luggage.
All of LuggageHero’s left luggage locations have previously been certified by our onboard account managers, so you can feel safe about leaving your belongings.
All luggage is insured and sealed with unique security seals.
LuggageHero is the only luggage storage company that provides the option of a pay-by-the-hour luggage storage service.
Need to store your luggage for longer? No problem! With a daily cap and a lowered price for each following day of storage also stands as an available price-friendly solution.
You can take a closer look at LuggageHero’s pricing system and compare it to that of other luggage storage providers in Paris on the chart below.
Feel free to use LuggageHero anywhere with the official app for iPhone and Android which is the easiest way to book storage for your bags. However, no need to worry – if you don’t want to download the app, you can simply book your luggage storage in Paris through the website too.
COVID-19 and Luggage Storage
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is currently affecting most of the world and Paris is no exception. At LuggageHero, they are monitoring the situation closely. For updates on the current situation and precautions, please visit World Health Organization. LuggageHero consider the health and safety of everyone to be their top priority, which is why they are offering contactless booking and luggage storage. They have taken measures to temporarily close accounts with storage partners in Paris who cannot operate because of local regulations and the current health situation in their cities. However, they look forward to welcoming all our storage partners in Paris back online when the situation is under control.
For relevant information on the current COVID-19 situation in Paris, you can check out LuggageHero’s COVID-19 resource hub. On the page, you can find all the latest Paris coronavirus updates on airports, public transport, attractions and rules and regulations
Our 2020 Paris Luggage Storage Map
Our Interactive Luggage Storage Map can be used to browse and explore luggage storage locations in Paris. The visual aspect of the map can help you locate places and areas easily so you can make a better decision when it comes to where to store your bags.
Luggage Storage in Paris Stations 2020
One of the most ideal places to store your luggage is around major train stations and metros. Most train stations have lockers or left luggage so that travelers can store their bags and go explore the city. Most train stations in Paris also have a great connection to Charles de Gaulle Airport or Orly Airport.
You can leave your luggage anywhere around Paris, especially just outside every major train station. There are luggage storage service locations within a quick walking distance from any major station in Paris. And after taking a look at the comparison, you will also find that by storing your bags just outside the stations with one of the partner locations in Paris, you will save a lot of money on storage. That way you can just leave luggage in Paris, whenever and wherever you need it.
Below, we have listed all the companies that provide luggage storage within the respective stations or just outside of them. Finding left luggage in Paris that’s right for you has never been easier.
Most Popular Paris Stations Luggage Storage:
- Gare du Nord Station luggage storage
- Gare de l’Est Station luggage storage
- Gare de Lyon Station luggage storage
- Gare d’Austerlitz Station luggage storage
- Châtelet–Les Halles luggage storage
- Notre-Dame–Saint Michel Station luggage storage
- Gare de Paris-Montparnasse Station luggage storage
- Gare Saint Lazare Station luggage storage
Left Luggage Around Paris Airports 2020
Paris has two airports, Roissy Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to the north and Orly (ORY) to the south. Both airports are linked to Paris by shuttle buses and express trains which makes it easy to get to the city and explore attractions such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Montmartre & Sacré-Cœur.
With such an efficient public transport system connecting the airport and the city, it’s easy for travelers to store their luggage next to railway stations or bus terminals. The convenience of this, of course, is that you don’t have to store your luggage at the airport, make that trip to the city and then back to the airport to pick up your luggage before checking into your hotel that evening, for example. Instead, you can just store your bags close to where you will actually be in the city. And what’s more convenient and user-friendly than having that option? It’s like having an “as-you-go” Paris luggage storage.
Here are the luggage storage guides for the two Paris airports:
Luggage Storage Around Famous Attractions in Paris 2020
Most attractions and museums in Paris have a very strict luggage policy and many are missing lockers in Paris. Due to safety purposes, visitors are not allowed to bring large bags and suitcases inside museums and most famous attractions which is why it may be so important for you to have luggage storage on demand.
But don’t let that keep you from visiting these wonderful places – this guide covers all the storage Paris solutions located near some of the most popular attractions and museums such as The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre Museum, Hotel de Ville, Montmartre & Sacré-Cœur, and Place de la Bastille.
There are plenty of options for you to store your bags just outside of these locations and you can choose where you want to store your luggage based on which location is most convenient for you.
Trusted Baggage Storage in Paris Services
This guide provides you with some of the most trusted luggage storage services in Paris. You can scroll back up to the beginning of this page to learn more about LuggageHero, Nannybag, Radical Storage, Eelway and Self-Storage Access.
Here are links to the Trustpilot accounts of respective luggage storage services available in and around Paris. You can read more about what their customers have said based on their personal experience with these luggage storage companies. This way, you can decide which luggage storage company you trust best, and which one seems like the perfect fit for you.
- LuggageHero: Click here to read Trustpilot reviews
- Nannybag: Click here to read Trustpilot reviews
- Radical Storage: Click here to read Trustpilot reviews
And one last thing, please, look out for luggage storage scams in Paris. It’s important you check online reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, Yelp, Google and/or Facebook and take the feedback of other luggage storage users into consideration before choosing where to store your bags in Paris.
Need a place to stay in for just a day before a long flight? Maybe you not only need to store your luggage but take a rest yourself after an exhausting day in Paris. What do you do in that case?
By using HotelsHero you can save up to 75%! You can book a room or a whole apartment just for a day without having to stay overnight – something we have all been waiting for. Relax in the room, get some work done, or use the amenities that the hotel has to offer.
All Left Luggage Storage Services Tried By Us
All the bag storage service companies on this Paris guide are vetted by us and we have personally tried all the services ourselves. We have carefully selected the best luggage storage companies and have listed each according to:
- Price (per day/hour)
- Travel-friendly terms (cancellation fees, discounts, etc)
- Reviews from third party providers
- Insurance coverage (will you be covered in the worst case scenario)
This guide was created with the purpose of keeping our fellow travellers informed everywhere. By everywhere, we mean, not only travellers looking for bag storage in Paris, but everyone travelling the globe and needing some luggage storage assistance along the way.
Thus, if you are satisfied with the luggage storage service you have chosen and used after taking the information we have provided you with into consideration, then there is a huge chance that your preferred brand is also available at your next destination.
Lucky you, many of these luggage storage services have luggage lockers in Paris or left luggage storage locations in cities worldwide too!
Wishing you safe and hassle-free travels! Enjoy your stay in Paris.
Frequently Asked Questions about Luggage Storage in Paris
- Where can I store luggage around Paris?
– You can store your luggage in various locations around Paris such as in most stations which have lockers or in luggage storage services like LuggageHero where your luggage is safer than lockers and you get your belongings insured. You can store your luggage near major stations, airports, and attractions such as Gare du Nord, Orly Airport, Gare Montparnasse and Notre-Dame de Paris.
- How can I find luggage storage in Paris?
– You can find luggage storage in Paris by simply doing a google search. Apart from that you can check out many locations by going to the LuggageHero website and finding the one closest to you. Other ways to find luggage storage is to check out local stations or even ask the hotel you are staying in if they offer luggage storage during or after your stay.
- Can you store luggage at the Eiffel Tower?
– Unfortunately, it is not possible to store luggage at the Eiffel Tower. However, you can explore other options which offer bag storage nearby. For example, LuggageHero offers luggage storage as close as 250 meters from the Eiffel Tower.
- Can you leave your luggage at Paris Airports?
– You can leave your luggage at Paris-Charles de Gaulle 2 airport from 6: AM to 9:30 PM every day of the week. The location for the lockers is at CDGVAL station’s exit which is near the RER train station. However, since it is only available during the day, if you have a layover during the night, you might want to explore other options.
- Can I store my luggage at the Louvre?
– Yes! The Louvre does offer bag storage options. However, you are not allowed to bring any items exceeding 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm into the museum. Important note: all luggage left in the lockers must be collected the same day or it may be thrown away.
- Is there luggage storage at Gare du Nord?
– There are many opportunities for luggage storage near Gare du Nord. There are automatic coin lockers at the Gare du Nord station where you can store your luggage for a fee. The lockers are available every day from 6.15 to 23.15 including weekends. The prices are different depending on the size of your luggage, however you should not pay more than 9.50€ for the item.
- Does Disneyland Paris have luggage storage?
– Yes, you can find luggage storage in Disneyland Paris. You can use it both if you are a hotel customer or any regular customer so you should always have the option to store your luggage there.
- Can you store luggage at Orly airport?
– Yes, you can. Paris-Orly Airport offers baggage storage in terminal Sud public area near Gate G departures hall. Bagages du Monde is able to ship, store (short term or long term) or wrap your luggage. The prices for luggage storage at Orly airport begin at 3€ making it fairly cheap. However, cheaper options do exist near the airport if you use a luggage storage service like LuggageHero.